Saturday, April 16, 2011

Learning for the future

Throughout this semester we have learned soo much in preparation for the future that is going to come. From science corners, writing and doing inquiry lesson, providing our classmates feedback. Every single experiment such as the balloon activity and every single lesson was truly enlightening. I have learned things that I will never forget and things that I can use in my teachings now and in the future.




I have the knowledge to understand that the world is a growing place. it is never going to stop advancing. I as a teaching of this century need to remember to stay updated and attempt to stay ahead of the children coming into the classroom. When it comes to technology I know that it is crucial to implement it in as many lessons as possible. It is a growing world for students and there are going to be hundred or thousands of ne jobs in the next decade that are due to technology. I want my students to be prepared for this. I want them to feel comfortable when t hey are going out into the world. Even if it is a lesson on seeds or the space, technology can be used so that students can work collaboratively and share ideas and perspectives.

I also have learned that the world is full of different perspectives. My students are going to come into my classroom with many different alternative conceptions. I must keep an open mind and realize that they arent wrong, in fact it may have been something they were taught. I need to provide them with the information and knowledge they need so they can develop those conceptions into something right.

DISCOVERIES! if you lock your students down with the theories and the concepts they will never realize that they too can make discoveries in the world. They need to realize they are scientists and make that a fun and exciting part of their learning. They should want to discover and build knowledge through t heir own doing. If I simply give my students the information... do they truly understand it? most likely NO! they need to be given the tools and the guide to figure it out on their own. This will be the most powerful tool you provide your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment